Nagarkot Sunset & Sunrise Hike with Bhaktapur Tour – 2 Days
In this 2-day trip, we will visit UNESCO world heritage sites Bhaktapur and Changu Narayan,
watch stunning sunset and sunrise at Nagarkot, and hike from Nagarkot to Changu Narayan.
Bhaktapur, known as the City of Devotees, is one of the three royal cities in Kathmandu Valley.
In this ancient city, you will explore beautiful Hindu temples, pagodas and structures, including
55-window Palace, the Golden Gate and the Lion Gate. Take a detailed look at the exquisite
sculptures and woodcarvings; wander around in the city to enjoy the display of magnificent local
products, pottery, artworks; and shop for souvenirs. This tour provides an insight into the
lifestyle of the ancient kingdom Bhaktapur.
Nagarkot is known as a great place to see sunrise and sunset. At the Nagarkot view point with
an altitude of 2,195m, we will be able to see the Annapurnas, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal,
Langtang and Shivapuri National Park if the weather is clear. Mt Everest is at a far dance as
Chaugu Narayan Temple is one of the oldest temples in Nepal. It was originally built in the 4 th
century, and rebuilt in 1702 after a fire. It is one of the seven UNESCO world heritage sites in
Around 9:00am, our private bus will pick you up at your hotel and drive to Bhaktapur for
a guided tour. After this one-hour tour, take time to wander around to have a taste of life
in the city, and shop for souvenirs. Lunch at a rooftop restaurant in Bhaktapur is also a
We will drive to Nagarkot from Bhaktapur after lunch. After checking in the hotel, the afternoon
is free time. Around 5:30pm, our bus will drive you to the sunset viewpoint (2,195m). Enjoy the
serenity and fresh air while waiting for the sunset. At the Nagarkot viewpoint, we will be able to
see the Annapurnas, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Langtang and Shivapuri National Park if the
weather is clear. Mt Everest is at a far dance as well.
Stay overnight at Nagarkot.
We will get up early in the morning and take the private bus to catch a sunrise. You grow your
anticipation with the crowds on the viewpoint platform. There are always a few dogs sitting on
the top of the path to the viewpoint platform, patiently waiting for the sunrise. When the
snowcapped mountains stand out from the dark, you will want time to stop.
After breakfast in the hotel, we will check out the hotel, and start a day hike from Nagarkot to
Changu Narayan, taking a downhill trail through terraced fields and passing stone houses.
Enjoy the quiet Nepali countryside views and learn about local life and culture.
We will drive back to Kathmandu after lunch at a local restaurant in Changu Narayan.
- - The hike from Nagarkot to Changu Narayan to is mostly downhill, with a total distance
of approximately 15km. The whole hike will take about 4 hours. You have a choice of
hiking for 4 hours to Changu Narayan, or hiking for 2 hours to Telkot then taking our bus
to Changu Narayan. You can also opt out of hiking and take our bus to Chaugu
- - If you are looking for a more challenging hike, consider our Changu Narayan to
Nargarkot Hike with Sunset which is mostly uphill hiking.
- - As it is a long hike, you will need to carry water (around 2 litres) and some snacks with
What is Included
- - Pickup / drop-off at hotel in Kathmandu
- - 3-star hotel or equivalent accommodation on a double occupancy basis
- - Breakfast at Nagarkot
- - Private transportation between connecting points
- - An experienced English-speaking guide
- - Entrance fees for the activities included in the itinerary
What is not Included
- - Beverages and other meals not mentioned
- - Tips for the guide and the driver (a few dollars per person)
Everest Region Trekking
- Everest Base Camp Short Trek – 16 Days
- Everest Base Camp Three-Pass Trek – 21 Days
- Everest Base Camp Trek via Gokyo Lakes – 19 Days
- Everest Base Camp Trek via Jiri – 24 Days
- Everest Base Camp Trek via Jiri and Gokyo Lakes – 27 Days
- Everest View Trek – 12 Days
- Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek – 15 Days
- Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek with Tengboche – 17 Days
Annapurna Region Trekking
- Annapurna Base Camp 15 Days
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek and Chitwan Tour 17 Days
- Annapurna Circuit Trek – 16 Days
- Annapurna Circuit Trek – 20 Days
- Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake – 21 Days
- Annapurna FoothillsTrek – 12 Days
- Ghorepani-Poon Hill Sunrise Trek – 10 Days
- Jomsom – Muktinath Trek – 13 Days
- Khopra Danda Trek – 15 Days
- Manaslu and Annapurna Circuit Trek – 26 Days
- Manaslu Larke Pass Trek – 18 Days
- Tsum Valley and Manaslu Trek – 25 Days
- Upper Mustang Trek – 16 Days