Pokhara Sightseeing Tour
Pokhara, a gateway to the Annapurna area, is considered to be the most beautiful place in the world. This one-day tour starts in Pokhara and ends in Pokhara. The tour will take you to the most important places in Pokhara, including Sarangkot, Bindhyabasini Temple, Devi’s Falls, Guptesjwor Mahadev Cave, World Peace Pagoda, and Phewa Lake.
This is an easy sightseeing tour and suitable for people of any age.
In the early morning around 4:30am, a private vehicle will pick you up at your hotel and drive to a small hilltop at Sarangkot. Sarangkot is regarded as a fantastic place to see sunrise and sunset. When the sun peeks out and adds a golden hue on the snowcapped mountains in the Annapurna range, you will be amazed by this wonderful gift that God brings to you. We will see Mt. Annapurna I, Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre (nicked named as Fish Tail), and other peaks if the weather is clear. The views of Pokhara valley is astonishing there.
On the way from Sarangkot back to the hotel, we will stop by Bindhyabasini Temple, the most popular Hindu temple in Pokhara. Bindyabasini Temple is dedicated to Goddess Bhawani that is worshipped daily in the temple. You can get a great view of Pokhara City and the Himalayas from the temple.
After breakfast and a short rest (around 10:00am), we will take a guided tour to some of the main attractions around the city.
- International Mountain Museum: Visit the museum to learn about the history of mountaineering and the lifestyles of the Gurungs, Thakalis, Tharu and other ethnical groups in Nepal.
- Devi’s Falls: with its Nepalese name of Patale Chango, which means “underworld waterfall”, Devi’s falls marks the point where the Pardi Khola stream vanishes underground. The stream feeding the falls flows from a lake and traverses a tunnel before it enters the falls. After viewing the falls, you can purchase coins at the ticket counter to toss in the popular wishing well of Goddess Manakamna Bhagwati for a good wish.
- Gupteshwor Mahadev Cave: The cave is Nepal’s most famous cave, containing two chambers with several shrines. The cave has lighting but you will need a headlamp or torch to enjoy caving. Look for nice colors on the walls when you are in the cave.
- World Peace Pagoda is situated on the top of a hill on the southern shore of Phewa Lake. It is a massive Buddhist stupa that offers great views of the Annapurna range and Pokhara City. Hike up on the steps and take time to enjoy the fabulous views.
The next stop is the Phewa Lake. We will drive back to the city, and take a boat ride in Phewa Lake to enjoy its charm, and fantastic view of the Annapurna range. The reflection of Mt Macchhapuchhare (Fishtail) and Annapurna I in quiet water is the signature of Pokhara. We will also visit Tal Barahi Temple which is a 2-storey pagoda on a little island. The temple is dedicated to the boar magnification of Ajima.
After a relaxing boat ride on the lake, the bus will take us to Sarangkot for the sunset. Enjoy watching the snowcapped mountains fade in the dusk. The astonishing sunset view is a great way to wrap up this eventful day.
We will drop you off at your hotel after we are back from Sarangkot.
What is Included
- Pickup / drop-off at hotel in Pokhara
- An experienced English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees for the activities included in the itinerary
- Ticket for a boat ride on Phewa Lake
- Private transportation
What is not Included
- Meals and beverages
- Tips for the guide and the driver ($1 to $2 per person)
Everest Region Trekking
- Everest Base Camp Short Trek – 16 Days
- Everest Base Camp Three-Pass Trek – 21 Days
- Everest Base Camp Trek via Gokyo Lakes – 19 Days
- Everest Base Camp Trek via Jiri – 24 Days
- Everest Base Camp Trek via Jiri and Gokyo Lakes – 27 Days
- Everest View Trek – 12 Days
- Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek – 15 Days
- Gokyo Lakes and Gokyo Ri Trek with Tengboche – 17 Days
Annapurna Region Trekking
- Annapurna Base Camp 15 Days
- Annapurna Base Camp Trek and Chitwan Tour 17 Days
- Annapurna Circuit Trek – 16 Days
- Annapurna Circuit Trek – 20 Days
- Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake – 21 Days
- Annapurna FoothillsTrek – 12 Days
- Ghorepani-Poon Hill Sunrise Trek – 10 Days
- Jomsom – Muktinath Trek – 13 Days
- Khopra Danda Trek – 15 Days
- Manaslu and Annapurna Circuit Trek – 26 Days
- Manaslu Larke Pass Trek – 18 Days
- Tsum Valley and Manaslu Trek – 25 Days
- Upper Mustang Trek – 16 Days